Around the world ....

Thursday, June 09, 2005

Vancouver

Vancouver is really big. I thought when I was landing that it was a city with lovely little gardens and sweet little roads and roundabouts - I was wrong! That was just the sun!!!

The first couple of days I was there the sun shone like gold and only a few clouds covered the mountains. Then the rain started! I left the hostel after about a week and moved in with my cousins sleeping on the couch. The house they rent went from having one person in it to having 4 paying and one weirdo on the couch! There was also a friend sleeping outside in his van!

Patrick showed me some of the sites of Vancouver when he took time away from work. It was really nice some of it I would never have been able to find or even know about. I also spent some time with Dominic being taken round his favourite shops!!! It was really funny seeing them together - they fight as much as my sis and I do. It was really like being back with family. :-) Very strange for me after all this time. I did learn a bit more about my cousins. They are very funny guys.

Today I went to Vancouver Island and tomorrow will try to find some way to see a bit more of this island which happens to be bigger than the UK together. I do have a few options which is really good.

Short post as I'm stealing internet time again Oops!!