Around the world ....

Wednesday, September 08, 2004

I'm all away

Hi to all of you fortunate enough to be able to read these!! At the moment I'm sitting in the heat in Singapore I only arrived about 4 hours ago!!

London was hell. Sorry Mum and Dad I lied I hated it I was sooo home sick especially that nobody there talks to anyone else. You really need to be with someone to get the most of it. But the sights of London were good. If you are ever going there I suggest you take the Original London tour and use the Yellow route - I think it was the best. But I finished it rather early and ended up sitting in the airport for 6 hours as I couldn't be bothered to lug my pack around for ages - it weighs 17+ kilos!! The flight wasn't too bad as the t.v. was good and Quantas gives lots of wee pressies away :-)

Singapore looks fantastic - so colourful and thats only from looking out the train window!! It's a holiday hotspot without the tackyness of of Spanish resort. This hostel is fantastic, at least for the showers which are a welcome relief after about 30 odd hours since I last got washed. :-/ I did have a wee 'faux pas' in London as I set my alarm clock for 7.30am and got up when it went off with great ease. Only after my shower when I pu my watch back on did I spot that it was 5.30am - I hadn't checked what time the clock was at before setting it, I was that tired. woops!! I won't be doing that again in a hurry. :-) I decided to go back to bed dressed once I realised my mistake (wet hair included) and got up in the morning at the correct time.

I hope all of you that know me so well will agree that in my short time away from Glasgow - I haven't changed one bit :-D

I will write again soon - once Scotland stops being hit by a heatwave and making me jealous I miss the few parts of the summer sun. Hope you all get burnt, with lots of love, the missing one!