Around the world ....

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Not much happening

can't believe this I have to write this up again cos of internet prob - goddamnit!!

Christchurch was great. I headed down on sat on 1.30pm bus instead of 6.30pm bus as work was cancelled then reinstated by which point I couldn't be bothered. I'm glad I did as I was able to spend some time with Seira who not have been able to meet me if I'd arrived at 11pm. As it was as I arrived at 6.30 pm we (Chris, Seira and myself) went for a drink and talked for ages before walking in Christchurch till Chris went to bed and then Seira and I sat up talkig till about 2am till she cycled back to her home. That was the last time I will see Seira for many months or years to come! Chris I may not see in such a short length of time as she is a traveller more so than Seira or myself and is never stagnant. I did however get a longer time to see her as we met again on the Sunday and Monday till I got the bus back to Blenheim. I did get to see a bit more of Christchurch than I did last time I was there when on an overnight stop-over. We didn't do anything particularly exciting just walked about and had a nice relaxing time. She is staying in Christchurch on a wwoofing project. This sort of company was started in the Uk so if you feel like doing something different for a few days or week here is a great website.

Blenheim is raining again. Yesterday I worked from 7am till 9.30 till the rain started and we got pretty wet and the sugar levels in the grapes dropped to a level not worth picking them. I was then invited to Picton with the people who give me a lift in the morn which I took and stayed till after lunch drinking with them before they gave me a ride back to Blenheim. Last night the rain battered us and the wind was scary - a bit like a Glasgow autumn but strange as I haven't been used to it for a while. So at 5.15am this morn I got up and made it to my pick-up on time but as the pick-up did not come at 6.30 I phoned and was told to wait till 9 (back at the hostel) So glad was I when I bought a book yesterday as I'm about a 1/3 through it already. I also was so cold yesterday that I made a big pot of soup - the way my Mum does when the cold weather sets in.

Nothing else has happened so I'm bored stiff and now going back (after just having todays excitment - updating you) to read the rest of my book which will prob be finished tomorrow if the weather continues.