Around the world ....

Saturday, July 02, 2005

And now the end is here ......

Well this is my last post this website will not be updated any more.

I've been home for 2 weeks now but it feels longer. I didn't think I'd settle in so quickly but I did.

The flight home was horrendous I was so nervous - worse than the flight to Singapore - We flew over Greenland and Rekyavek and I got some photos, we flew over Scotland and Glasgow (but it was covered in cloud so indistinguishable) and then onto London. As we got nearer to Scotland my nerves took over and I couldn't stop the shakes. But land we did in London and then I made my way to meet my friend Irene in another part near her work. She is living in Essex so it was nice being on the outskirts of London. I had a really nice time as Iain was down from Glasgow as well visiting - I did find one problem though. It sounded as though Iain's voice had changed from the last time I had spoken to him; I couldn't understand this as he said it had not. In the early morning Irene's aunt (whose house it was I stayed in) very kindly ran me to the station to get my train at 6.30am, this was so I could catch the bus at 8am to Glasgow.

I had breakfast around 6am and did not eat again till about 7pm as the bus was express from Manchester to Glasgow. We were not told this when the bus started so the (approx) 5 of us left on the bus after changing drivers and passengers in Manchester did not get any lunch or stops for the whole day. But for £14.50 it wasn't bad for a trip home. I had told my Dad I'd phone from Gretna or Southwaite, as the bus when I left 10 months ago had stopped at one of them, and let tham know what time I'd be arriving in Glasgow but without a phone and no stops there was no way of letting him know. Therefore when I arrived in Glasgow I walked down Buchanan Street and took a local bus home with my pack on my back (I had always wanted to do that and here was the perfect opportunity). When I got off the bus in Glasgow and heard the accents of the people around me - the glaswegians - I have to say that I do agree with the foreigners - the Glaswegian accent is really cute!!!! My friend Iain had not changed his accent only that I was so unused to hearing it and it is so nice.

My sis got a shock when, after expecting a phone call to determine what time I'd be home she say me walking down the garden path it was a good surprise! My parents, being out when I arrived, opened the front door to find me standing in the hall - it was good giving them a shock. It is good to be home.

I made it in time for my sister's 21st which was my main reason for being home on the date I was - it was really nice spending just a few days with her (and some of her stories) before she headed south for a few months work - but at least we're both in Britian for a change at the same time so meeting up is possible. It's really strange living with my parents again as well as I still ask for things I would normally in a hostel have myself and just take - slipping into home habits is far too easy. I've been home 2 weeks and I've already done a wee bit work in an office - and been bored out my skull! But I'm looking for a job and hopefully in a number of weeks time I'll be a British employee and settling down for a few years work here before deciding if I want to stay.

10 months is not a long time, I spent more money than I had originally intended (mainly because the weather was so bad in NZ), I met up with a few new family members, I made loads of friends and had a fantastic time. Words may fill these pages but the sentiments they remind me of do not compare. Words really cannot describe how good last year was. I only wish every one else gets a chance in life to do the thing(s) they've always wanted to do - to push to their limit and beyond!!!

Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed my stories and had a good read cos I'll never forget what a fantastic year 2004/2005 was. Byyeeeeee! My love to you all!