Around the world ....

Thursday, September 09, 2004

Singapore days

I went sight seeing today! Wow!! If you want a hot holiday guaranteed to amaze you come here. I have spent the entire day walking and though this is the city that loves food and you can eat like a horse - I haven't! I've seen Chinatown and intend To go back for more tomorrow, I'm living in Little India and have walked all round the Raffles area, the front Esplanade, Orchard Road and more!! I left about 10, 10.30 this morning and got back about 9pm where I was in definite need of shower. If you ever do decide to come here go on a bumboat ride - I had one all to myself and had a good time seeing the sights in ease and style. The 'white girl from a cold country' (alias me) even got waves off of children watching. Tomorrow I'm heading to see another temple because my last one tonight was a disappointment but at least I got inside and had a walk round - I've not tempted a mosque yet as I can't be bothered with head coverings. Singapore is mixture of old and new, spice and European, two level buildings and skyscrapers that hurt the back of your neck to strain to see the top, and I wouldn't have missed it for the world.

What is the saying about not putting new shoes on the table because I would dearly like to know. A new pair of shoes had that treatment and then last night in avengence gave me at least 6 blisters. OUCH!! Today I started off in flip-flops but ended up having to do the Orchard Road experience in style by buying a new pair of sandals and then proceeded to walk miles and miles and miles in them. :-D

It's a shame I've only got one more day here - because I've soo much to fit in especially as I am going to the night safari tomorrow with others from the hostel and we might manage a taxi back (if we get enough people) as it would be cheaper than by MRT (the rail network) and Bus. Got to go and enjoy myself now (and get some well earned sleep) Bye Bye from the glorious Singapore.