Around the world ....

Saturday, September 25, 2004

Auckland Whore Houses

I'm now living with my Aunt and Uncle (Pat and Alex) and their daughter (Helen) and her husband (Jason). I've had one interview for a job so far and they asked me back for an observation day where I would get a look at the sort of work I'd be doing. It was a promotions job but not tele-sales. SO on my observation day I was introduced to the person I'd be following (he was Dutch) and the car loaded up with the toys we would try to sell plus another two people who were part of Rudy's team. Then we drove off (I hate New Zealand drivers they are the worst and very scary) and ended up in places I definetely would not have visited as the area is one of the worst in Auckland. So we started selling the toys (the products) round the different buisnesses in industrial parks. Then later on as we picked up the other two sellers Rudy's car broke down!! SO he called his boss and then I was offloaded to join the Assistant manager's (Steve) team. They were selling in another area not too different. But he did expect his team to go into all sorts of places. You had to sell on the street, in shops, in the police stations, in the bank queues and in the massage parlours!!! I never realised until I was reading the paper looking for jobs that they would advertise in the paper for masseurs. Ladies do you have some spare time ...........etc.

To say the least: in the morning I had considered doing the job after the afternoon's enlightenment I decided it wasn't really for me and turned it down especially as the money for the job was dependant on what you sold. therefore I may not make enough money off the mugs who buy these knockdown price goods.

The rest of the time I've been learning more and more about the Miller (More) side of my family and it has been great! They are the nicest family I could have hoped to meet. I'm been taken round Auckland sites and to any place else I want to go!

I'm going to get back soon once I have more news but I want to ask if anyone else is having bother accessing some of the sites on this page as my parents are and Mary isn't home yet to have a look. Please send me an e-mail if you could.
Bye bye